Sound Issues

cogneuro neuropsych76 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:42:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've used E-Prime a decent amount but never for audio files. I keep running
into errors when I try to input my auditory stimuli. The experiment is
pretty simple, I want to present a list of picture files, then audio files.
My pictures present well, but my audio files always crash. I have my
general procedure with a list for the pictures, procedure for the pictures,
and a slide that presents the pictures. I have the same thing for the audio
files but I keep getting the error message 'The device must be open prior
to calling this method' on the slide where I have my sounds on. I've been
searching around but can't quite find what the issue is. I'm just using
.wav files so I thought they would be compatible with E-Prime 2.

Thank you for any help!