Movie format (codec) problems in E-prime 2

Eric elied0327 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 01:30:57 UTC 2011

Hey all,
I'm working on a task that requires mood induction video clips to be
played. I have ffdshow installed on the current computer and have used
vlc media player to create the clips to play. They all are in
compatible formats with E-Prime 2 (codecs and containers),. but I
still get -999 timeout errors, sometimes for the whole file, and other
times for just the audio. E-Prime is very inconsistent in this, as one
of the video file (The Champ) will play, but another (Denali) will
not, even though they have the same container file type (.avi) and
codecs for both audio and video. Has anyone else run into this
problem? Thanks for your help!