Movie format (codec) problems in E-prime 2

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Nov 14 20:02:33 UTC 2011

[Sorry to post this to two threads, but Meltem hijacked the earlier
thread to start a new thread and that got me all confused.  The
answer that I posted in Meltem's hijacked thread properly belongs
here.  (At least Meltem did not post an update that changed the name
of the original thread, which is another pet peeve of mine :) .)]

You are off to a good start by paying attention to codecs and
container formats.  If you have not already, you might also check the
thread at
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/d18aafdc51d79ba9
, which in turn has links to other resources.

You did not say whether you run this under Windows XP, Vista, or
7.  AFAIK, PST has still not gotten movies & sound to work reliably
under Windows Vista/7, so if you use those, then it is no wonder that
EP gives you these errors with movies.

-- David McFarlane