Movie format (codec) problems in E-prime 2& A QUESTION REGARDING TO PAUSE

Meltem BALLAN meltemballan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:40:17 UTC 2011

Hi Eric,
I had the similar issues with VLC. There is an earlier conversation on
videos. I finally decided to buy OJOsoft. I use VLC to organize my clips
and use OJOsoft to convert (sometimes from mpeg to mpeg). I think they use
a different version of ffdshow. I am not sure what it is but I am able to
run a video for 3:40 min now. Unfortunately I cannot tell that I solved the
problem 100%. It still crashes but rarely. When I discussed this problem
with PST they suggest me to use SUPER. It did not work for me :( You might
want to give it a shot.
My current problem is caused by pausing. I pause my experiment when the
infants start moving and getting fussy. When I start running the experiment
E-Prime crashes in the case I have short video. On the other hand, it runs
without any issue in the case I do not use short videos (I use ctrl+shift).
Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks
Meltem

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Eric <elied0327 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I'm working on a task that requires mood induction video clips to be
> played. I have ffdshow installed on the current computer and have used
> vlc media player to create the clips to play. They all are in
> compatible formats with E-Prime 2 (codecs and containers),. but I
> still get -999 timeout errors, sometimes for the whole file, and other
> times for just the audio. E-Prime is very inconsistent in this, as one
> of the video file (The Champ) will play, but another (Denali) will
> not, even though they have the same container file type (.avi) and
> codecs for both audio and video. Has anyone else run into this
> problem? Thanks for your help!
>
> --

Meltem Ballan, PhD
Department of Psychiatry, CB# 7160
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
7023 Neurosciences Hospital
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7160