Sound Issues

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:13:54 UTC 2011

If the images worked when you used an ImageDisplay object, then they
should work just the same when you use them in a SlideImage
sub-object within a Slide, so I cannot imagine what you are doing
wrong.  If you are using SoundIn then you must be using EP2 (please,
in future, specify your EP version and OS), so it should work with
.jpg files (EP1 worked with only .bmp files).  Adding SlideSoundOut
or SlideSoundIn to the Slide should make no difference, I have
successfully done all this myself.

OTOH, if you did not earlier get this to work even with an
ImageDisplay or without the SoundIn, then perhaps you should first
back up a bit and redo the ImageDisplay and Slide tutorials in the
Getting Started Guide that came with E-Prime.  While you are at it,
also do *all* the tutorials and exercises (including Appendix C!) in
the User's Guide.

-- David McFarlane