How to design an attribute column such that it will receive input from many ask boxes for the same participant

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:07:28 UTC 2011

Hi Gilis,

you could add a new list object at the end of the session and add a
level/row to this list for each question. The text for the questions
could be inserted as an attirbute in this list (i.e. a single column
containing each question on a separate row). Then use the askbox once
in an inline script in the same way as you are doing now, but use the
GetAttrib and SetAttrib functions to get the text from the list object
and to save the answers. Since you are using the same attribute name
for each answer, you will get the results in a single column on
multiple rows. As a side note: I personally would stay away from the
askbox function and use a regular eprime object instead. (You can
configure the inputmask to accept and echo multiple characters until
you press enter.)

cheers,
paul