Moving flanker to the right position

gilis giladsabo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:46:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have two flankers in my experiment display, one is on the right and
the other is on the left. Each flanker is made of 3 words (separate
text object for each), one above the other. The problem I get is that
while on the left everything seems OK and balanced, on the right, the
upper word is pushed from the beginning of the display, so while the
flanker on the left side look like that:

FOOD
WATER
FORK

the flanker on the right side look like that:

  SEA
LAND
BOAT

i.e., it doesn't start from the beginning of the row though it was
defined to start from there..Also, I was thinking that it is a problem
with the way the word is put in the list from which the text object
call it-but apparently there is nothing wrong...Also, while all other
words remain stable when the experiment goes from one slide to the
other, the only moving word is off course the upper one (i.e., sea).

Thanks in advance,
Gilis