Conditional cumulative feedback, help.

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:20:07 UTC 2011

Hi!

What you need is a global variable, a varibale that is indeed capable
to carry over information from one trial to the next.
First go to the user tab in the script window (bottom left corner
script window).
Here you declare a variable called... scorecounter:

Dim scorecounter as integer

Now... at the end of every trial the scorecounter need to be updated
by adding the new trial score and since a variable is not
automatically logged into the datafile, I always transfer the value of
scorecounter onto an attribute (that is logged):

Scorecounter = scorecounter + c.getattrib ("trialscore") (<- of course
that 'trialscore'  should be replaced by
c.setattrib "scorecount", scorecounter

you can then use the attribute scorecount on your display to provide
feedback by showing a text like: "your new score is [scorecount]"

The above is a very minimalistic explanation... I believe the e-primer
has some more info on global variables, it can be downloaded at
step.psy.cmu.edu/materials/EPrimer.pdf

Best

liw