Can't get addlevel commant to do the trick...(plus another question)

Anne-Wil Kruijt liwenna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:27:18 UTC 2011

Oh dear....

Gilis, although I don't quite understand what you try to achieve, I do
fear that you're going completely overboard on the scripting,
overlooking the more simple and easy to implement features present in
e-prime.

Again: you shouldn't tamper with a list that is currently running.

Moreover: did you check/play with the option to exit a list after 1
sample is taken?

What is the function of having two lists of stimuli? If the two lists
contain different words, then why did you need to check for stimuli
repeating? (i.e. if two lists containing different words alternate
based on odd/evenness of the trials than repeats can not happen?).
Have a look at the testscript "gilis two lists two colors' to see a
script alternating two stimlists with the words presented in
white/cyan dependent on the list. If the two stimlists contain the
same words and the only function of having two lists is to alternate
the colors based on the lists, then rather use one list and alternate
the color... see the testscript "gilis 1 stimlist two colours" which
is a simple adjustment of last week's 'nostimrepeats' script and
therefore has the no stim repeats coding also in place.

best,

liw