Output to serial device on keypress

Ren gidgetownsme at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:33:07 UTC 2011

I have been struggling to program in E-Prime the ability to trigger a
peristaltic pump with a keypress. I want to be able to run the pump
while a slide object (movie) is showing, without it advancing to the
next object. I want to be able to press a key/ mouse button/ joystick/
anything at any time during my experiment to trigger the pump to
deliver juice, but cannot seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I am running the pump after a
gaze-fixation is met as part of the experiement, so I cannot simply
find another device to remotely trigger the pump.

Thank you!