Simulating Keypress (beginners question)

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:24:13 UTC 2011

if i've understood the question, this is very easy to accomplish.
on whatever object is presenting your stimuli and collecting your
SlideObject), set the InputDevice to Keyboard, Allowable responses to
"12" (without the quotes, which will make both 1 and 2 allowable
resposes), Duration to 3000, and EndAction to Terminate.
doing this will cause your Stim object to run for 3000 ms, during
which time it will accept responses of 1 or 2 only, and when one of
those responses is received the Stim object will Terminate, going to
the object in your procedure.  if no response is received the object
will terminate after 3000 ms.  this should be covered somewhere near
the very beginning of the Getting Started guide which comes with
E-Prime...

ben