blink between two slides

Meltem BALLAN meltemballan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:08:56 UTC 2011

Hi David,
I have contacted to E-Prime. They suggested me to change the order of slides
and put the scripts in the beginning of each trial and suggested that it
might be the image I used. I tried every option. But I still have the blink
issue.
I developed the task from the scratch it did not go away. The last thing
strikes me as a problem is Netstation extensionbut I am not pretty sure by
now.
Thank you again.
Meltem

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM, David McFarlane <mcfarla9 at msu.edu> wrote:

> Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff takes
> any and all questions at http://support.pstnet.com/e%**
> 2Dprime/support/login.asp<http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp>, and they strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is
> pretty much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
> it.  3) If you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the
> courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
>
> That said, here is my take...
>
> I have used E-Prime 1 & 2 with white backgrounds for over a decade and
> never saw the blink that you describe.  I wonder if this has something to do
> with specific settings in your stimuli?  E.g., do you have Clear After set
> to Yes (I generally discourage this)?  Instead of modifying an existing
> program from black backgrounds to white ones, what if you make a simple test
> program from scratch using nothing but white backgrounds?
>
> -- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder
>

> At 9/15/2011 03:57 PM Thursday, you wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>> I have a task that I measure visual acuity. When I used black
>> background for fixation and the stimulus I did not experience the
>> blink between the stimulus and fixation representations. However, I
>> need to use white background for my new experiment and I experience a
>> blink between these two slides ( a momentary gray blink). I was
>> wondering whether any of you had a similar issue and know the way to
>> prevent this issue.
>> Thanks.
>>

> --

Meltem Ballan, PhD
Department of Psychiatry, CB# 7160
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
7023 Neurosciences Hospital
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7160