Defining the location of dialog box

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:43:46 UTC 2011

Gilis,

Um, read Michiel's answer again (and check the
E-Basic Help topics yourself).  Note that he
referred to the InputBox$() function, *not*
AskBox$().  The two provide similar
functionality, except that InputBox$() positions
its response buttons vertically while AskBox$()
positions its response buttons horizonally, and
InputBox$() includes arguments for xpos & ypos whereas AskBox$() does not.

Furthermore, if you Google around for "vba
inputbox" and "vba askbox", you will find that
InputBox$() is a standard function of VBA (from
which E-Basic is derived), while AskBox$() is
not.  So if you want to stick to well-known
standardized functions rather than ones peculiar
to E-Basic, you will use InputBox$() instead of AskBox$().

So give that another try.  I just tried these out
myself and they worked as described.