Log Data - Error 10 & 86.

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Apr 16 14:52:17 UTC 2012

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty
much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there and on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter feed yet,
though).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

First, are you sure that you are disabling LogData on only the InLine
object, and not for the entire Procedure that contains the InLine?  I
just checked, and even the latest release of EP (2.0.10.182) shows no
way to disable LogData for an InLine.

In that case, I suspect that you have actually disabled LogData for
the entire Procedure.  As you have discovered, disabliing LogData for
a Procedure requires a great deal of finesse, and should be done only
by the most advanced users under unusual circumstances.  And AFAIK
LogData is not documented anywhere.

So, just leave LogData enabled.  Yes, all the c.SetAttrib commands
will leave extra junk in your .edat file, we have all just had to
live with that.  Although, according to
http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3618 , the latest
release of EP2 now includes a way to disable logging of specified
Context attributes.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training