Stimuli/ Triggers/ Timing difficulties

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 19 18:09:57 UTC 2012

We do this all the time for our EEG programs, but it requires a
little finesse.  In short, we use a PreRelease value of 1-20 ms less
than the Duration of the stimulus object.  E.g., for your object with
a Duration of 500, set PreRelease to 490.  Now your trigger will
coincide exactly with the onset of your stimulus, and will last for
10 ms, when the "offset" of the stimulus occurs.

Note that, in E-Prime parlance, stimulus "offset" does not mean
either the end of stimulus presentation, nor the onset of the
following stimulus; "offset" actually refers to when E-Prime stops
executing code for that object and moves on to executing further
instructions.  Someday I need to write this all up, but it's tricky
to describe this all correctly.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training