feedback display problem with incorrect state

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 16:49:21 UTC 2012

Hi Güzin,

Your problem sounds like a tricky one indeed.  If I understand your message, on the first incorrect trial the "Incorrect" feedback screen is displayed, but without the desired image. On all other trials the feedback is displayed correctly.

At first I thought there could be a problem with the assignment of a filename via the FB attribute. But this should produce an error if a filename is not assigned to an image when it is meant to be displayed.

One question is whether the "incorrect" feedback slide is actually being displayed on the problematic trial. That is, is the incorrect feedback display occurring but failing to load the desired image?  Or is the incorrect feedback failing to display at all?  this is easy enough to test, just add some text on the "Incorrect" slide in addition to your desired image.

Another angle would be to try and add a brief interval (e.g. Wait 100) between your response object and its feedback screen. This might be superstitious behaviour on my part but sometimes I find this sorts out "unusual" behavior with feedback displays.

Please report back and let us know how it turns out.
-dv