edata files and .txt corrupted

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 14:42:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

First thing I would suggest is to check whether you're using the same
version of E-Prime as the original data collection.
The error message you received can come up if, for example, you are
trying to use E-Recover from E-Prime version 1.x on text files that were
created using E-Prime version 2.

There may also be similar problems if you are using a previous version
of E-Prime 2, and trying to open files created in the most recent
release (2.0.10.x. I have not yet moved to version 2.0.10.x so I am not
able to test this).

If something simple like this does not solve your problem, this seems
like a perfect problem to take to E-Prime's online  support team:
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp

good luck,
David

On 23/04/2012 15:30, Ellenca wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to re-analyse some data from an old experiment, and to my
> surprise, when I tried to merge the participants again, the merged
> file didn't work, then I tried to open the participant file, neither,
> so I tried recovering with the E-recovery, and the following message
> appeared: "Unrecognized E-run text file format. Could not perform
> recovery."
>
> I badly need those files, so I would appreciate if anyone could come
> up with a solution...
>
> Thanks in advance

> --

David Vinson, Ph.D.
Senior Postdoctoral Researcher
Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences Research Department
University College London
26 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AP
Tel +44 (0)20 7679 5311  (UCL internal ext. 25311)