Eprime triggers to EEG out of sync

aldelfino aldelfino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:37:58 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm running an experiment using triggers from Eprime to a BrainVision
equipment. I need Eprime to send a trigger according to the position of
target-words along the sentence e.g. at 0, 5, or 11 seconds after the
beginning of the sentence. I tried used the following script:

WritePort &H378, c.GetAttrib("trigger") 'identifies the item’
              sleep  c.GetAttrib ("delay") 'identifies the position of the
target-word after the beginning of the sentence’
              c.SetAttrib  "CheckResponseTime", Clock.Read

I defined two attributes: (i) trigger, as a code to identify the trigger
according to each sentence, and (ii) delay, as the time after the beginning
of the sentence the trigger should be sent to BrainAmp. After listening
each sentence, the subject has to answer a yes-no question to check
understanding. The problem is that the BrainVision cannot register the
trigger synchronized with the delay attribute, but only with the time the
subject hits the answer button.

Does anyone have a solution or an alternative script for my experiment?

Thanks in advance