Onset delay for playing audio on a slide

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Aug 23 17:42:34 UTC 2012

John,

This sort of question keeps popping up.  People get the mistaken
impression that each sub-object on a Slide should have its own timing
properties.  But a Slide, by design, always presents all of its
sub-objects simultaneously.

To present stimuli with various delay offsets, simply present the
first stimulus with a Duration equal to the desired delay, and then
present the next stimulus.  In your case, present the Slide with your
video, but no audio.  Set the Duration of the Slide to your desired
delay.  Then simply follow the Slide with an ordinary SoundOut object
for your audio.

Hope that helps.

-----
David McFarlane