pre-loading items in Slide object

terhi helminen helminenterhi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:36:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have tried to preload soundfiles and moviefiles of a slide object in the
beginning of the trial to decrease timing delay. (I can't use prerelease in
my experiment.)

I found a good example of preloading stimuli from
http://imaging.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/imaging/EprimeTiming :

----

This example shows how to preload soundfiles:

'Get the soundbuffer from the soundout objectDim SBuffer as
SoundBufferSet SBuffer = SoundOut1.Buffers(1)'Assign the new filename
(where Stimulus is name of attribute on list that lists sound
files)SBuffer.Filename = c.GetAttrib("Stimulus")'Instruct the object
to load the sound contents into its internal
structuresSoundOut1SoundBuffer.Load

And here’s how to preload images:

'Retrieve the image filename from the ContextDim strImageFileName As
StringstrImageFileName = c.GetAttrib("imagefilename")'Assign the new
filename and instruct the object'to load the
imageImageDisplay1.Filename = strImageFileNameImageDisplay1.Load

---

However, I didn't succeed in doing the same when the sound file and the
movie files are subobjects of a slide object. Could somebody help me with
this? Thank you in advance!

Terhi