pre-loading items in Slide object

Mich pseudoverlighter at zonnet.nl
Tue Dec 4 13:13:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

To start with, i have no idea, but i would suggest, if you must go this way,
to look up how to set other subobjects of slides. With all the "set"
manoeuvres and tons of code, I try to avoid. But once you're able to attach
a different sound to your slide, you should be able to preload it.

1) While it is true that pre-loading can be of use, I believe having a sound
object (like a soundout device, etc), will automatically add the preloading
bit.

2) have you actually checked to see whether the timing errors are to worry
about?

3) it should be possible to have sub-millisecond accurate simultaneous audio
and video WHILST they are sequentially placed in the procedure. To do this,
just add a sound before your slide, set its duration (and don't use sync),
to 0, and make sure it continues playing after the soundout thing stops. If
there's a timing error, you can easily add x microseconds of silence at the
beginning of the sound file. Presto!

You might get better results from using uncompressed audio and video files,
though, and if the timing delay is really stable, you could always make the
preceding interval smaller.

Best,

Michiel