transforming setting from E-prime 1 to E-Prime 2 Professional.

medda yas.yazar at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:14:57 UTC 2012

Hello there.

I've been working on an issue that I could just not resolve: I have an
E-Prime 1 code that changes the colour of the response option on the
display screen to indicate confidence, i.e. the longer the subject presses
the response button, the more the colour changes from one colour to another
(within a certain time). I used the exact same code in a new Experiment
which I started programming in E-Prime 2 Standard and it worked fine. But
then I was forced to use E-Prime Professional (and can't really go back to
Standard) and the code that has worked fine in earlier versions does not
work any more. The colour does still change, but at a VERY slow rate, not
as fast as it did before, and I just cannot figure out why.

I am sure that I set all the Properties right at the respective slides, but
there must be some default change in the E-Prime 2 Professional settings
that are messing it up (e.g. the Generate PreRun Option in E-Prime 1 was
always BeforeObjectRun, and in 2 it is TopOfProcedure - changing it has
resolved other issues) - so if anyone knows of anything else I need to
change in the Configurations, Settings, Properties etc. in E-Prime 2
Professional so I can run my E-Prime 1 code in a way that changes the
colour as fast as it did in E-Prime 1, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks so much for help and comments!

~medda.