Moving Stimuli in E-prime

Alice Cai alicerancai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:18:13 UTC 2012

Dear David,

Thank you so much, that was very helpful! Right now I have only one slide,
and have many levels in the list to code for the location of the square
(e.g., left, middle, right). I would like the slides to repeat itself until
participants give a response. Once participants give a response, I want to
give a 'feedback display'. I thought of using the jump function with
labels, but the label can only jump within a procedure. This is a bit
problematic because right now, even when participants give a response, it
will only exit the procedure once all lists have been displayed (or when it
reaches a time limit that I set, e.g., 4000 ms).

Also, I need to record reaction time to the moving stimuli. However, right
now e-prime doesn't record RT from the very first slide that participants
see, but only for the slide that the responded to. So in order to know how
long participants took to respond, I will need to add up the number of
slides that was presented before hand and multiply it by how long the
slides were displayed for (50 ms). Is there an easier way to record
reaction time?

Thank you very much for your help, please take your time to reply and any
comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again!
Alice