help needed on visual search

maayan kedar kmaayane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:41:52 UTC 2012

hello!
like almost everyone - i'm new on E-Prime! and, I want yo apologize for bad
English too, thanks.
I have 3 main problems on my visual search project:

1. I have a list of 20 trails. I want to run each trial 2 time max, because
the participant have only 5 minutes for 40 trial if he/she will be fast
enough.
the problem is that for all the options i tried (like random with
replacement) he always takes some trials more than 2 times. what do i need
to do?

2. I set my lists so in every trial I suppose to have 99 distractors and 1
target (the letter B for example). The thing is that sometimes he dose not
show the letter. when I check the data I can see that the letter was
suppose to be on line 15, let's say, but the letter is not there!!! How
come? and again - what can I do?

3. I know it's silly but - How do I limit my experiment to 40 trials *or* 300
sec? I tried to set the exit from the main list after 300 sec but it didn't
work.

thanks!!!!
maayan