Using a epk file in E-prime 2

Jason E. Reiss reiss_jason%wheatoncollege.edu at gtempaccount.com
Fri Feb 24 17:47:10 UTC 2012

FYI: I just received the following reply from PST Support:

Dear Jason,

I apologize for the delay in my response. There is no way to
automatically convert E-Prime 1.x EPK files to the E-Prime 2.0 EPK2
format. EPK is just a text file with a different extension, while EPK2
is our special proprietary format created using the Package File
Editor. Because EPK is a text file, you can open it in Notepad or
another text editor, then copy and paste most of the package directly
into the PackageFile Editor to create your own EPK2. You can open the
PackageFile Editor through the Windows Start Menu or through the Tools
menu in E-Studio. Please see section 1.5 in the New Features Guide for
more information.

Note that it is not necessary to use the Declare section of the EPK in
this version, since the original purpose was to declare routines that
are now created through the interface. For example, instead of writing
Declare Public Sub IscanEyeTracker_EtCalibrate(pNcal As Integer), you
should create a new routine, name it EtCalibrate (the IscanEyeTracker
will be automatically added to the beginning), and create a parameter
named pNcal of type Integer. The script between Public Sub
IscanEyeTracker_EtCalibrate(pNcal As Integer) and End Sub should be
pasted into the Script tab of the new routine.

I have attached a partially created EPK2 version of the package file.
Please take a look at this version, try converting the remainder using
the Package File Editor, and let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Alison Lauer
Senior Technical Consultant