Adding rows to the eDat file using code

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:29:44 UTC 2012

Sorry for taking so long to get back with a public reply to this one,
by now you probably no longer need the solution.  But for the record,
here is some information.

Your code does exactly as it is designed to do.  Note that
c.SetAttrib commands do *not* immediately log values, they merely add
attributes to the Context, which may be logged later.  Instead, the
c.Log command does the actual logging.  By default the enclosing
Procedure issues a c.Log command once at the end of the Procedure
(don't take my word for that, look at the full code generated by
E-Studio), and at that time it logs only the latest value of the
assigned context attributes (e.g., the final values of X & Y).  So,
if you do multiple c.SetAttrib of the same attribute within a
Procedure, only the final one will count.

But you can add a row to the log at any time by adding a c.Log
command in inline -- in your case, just add c.Log before the "end if"
of your code fragment.  See also the Context.SetAttrib and
Context.Log topics in the E-Basic Help facility.

Now, you might still get an extra row at the end of the Procedure, so
you might have to pull some tricks to get it exactly right (or filter
out extra rows using the filtering facility of E-DataAid,
etc.).  Note that you can tell E-Studio to *not* add the c.Log at the
end of a Procedure by changing the LogData property of the Procedure
-- this is a bit tricky, but has been made much easier in EP2.0.10.x.

Alternatively, instead of logging extra rows for each X, Y, you could
add extra columns to hold the data.  E.g.,

     dim iAttrib as integer
     dim x as single, y as single
     iAttrib = 0
     do
         if ASL_GetPOG(x, y, true) then
             cnv.Text 20, 20, "Point of gaze from eye tracker"
             cnv.Text 20, 40, "x = " & x & " "
             cnv.Text 20, 60, "y = " & y & " "
             iAttrib = iAttrib + 1
             c.setAttrib "textDisplay1.gazePosX" & iAttrib, x
             c.setAttrib "textDisplay1.gazePosY" & iAttrib, y
         end if
     Loop Until TextDisplay1.RT > 0

Now, the single c.Log at the end of the Procedure logs all these
generated attributes/columns.

Finally, remember that PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp also takes
these sorts of questions, and they strive to respond to all requests
in 24-48 hours.

-- David McFarlane