Using mouse click to select one of several alternative responses

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:51:40 UTC 2012

Hi Richard,

I currently don't have an eprime license to check my own example, but
in general there are two way's of dealing with wrong-clicks:

1) put the relevant slide and script in separate list that loops
'forever' (i.e. putting a high number for the 'exit list after'
value). Then use the List.Terminate function to accept, stop the
sublist and continue.

2) Put a label before the relevant slide and use a goto-statement to
jump back to the label if IACC=-1. (i.e. if iACC=-1 then goto MyLabel)

I personaly don't like the goto-construct because one of the drawbacks
is that wrong selections are not logged automatically. However, the
use of an additional list takes a bit more effort to implement. I
think my example script is already using the repeating sublist because
the VasList is passed as third argument:

   choice = ACK_HandleResponse(c, "VasAck", VasList)

But remember to set terminate condition of the sublist to a large
value in that case.

best,
paul