Difficulties running ANT (Attentional Network Test) and Task Switching Paradigm

MSpape sovspape at cognitology.eu
Wed Jan 25 20:33:03 UTC 2012

Hi,
1) Is your SRBox working with /other/ experiments? Is the COM port
correctly set in the experiment? Have a look to see if you can make a
simple infinite duration screen in a blank experiment run, with the
SRBox set as response box and see whether that works. If that works,
see what the difference is with the script for your TS paradigm.
2) Does your monitor support 640x480 resolution? They do not
necessarily any more... Your ANT test presumably requires this and
this resolution at this and this refreshrate, or your timing will not
be as you report it. Many older scripts were set up to work for CRT
screens, they do not necessarily work for TFT ones.

In any case, I'd suggest diving a bit deeper into the script. Somebody
over there, be it a technician or PhD student or whatever, who knows
both E-Prime AND the equipment, needs to have a look. Somebody here
can make it run as well, I'm sure, but you run a heavy risk of not
knowing exactly what is happening.
Best,
Mich