Presenting 2 stimuli simultaneously (with different durations)

Robert Zimmerman rzimmerlxch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:24:33 UTC 2012

I am new to using E-Prime, and in charge of programming studies for a
small lab that does not have much knowledge of the program in general.
We are trying to program a visual hemifield experiment in which an
item will be presented either to the left or the right of a fixation
point. We want the fixation point ("+") to come on-screen 500ms BEFORE
the item, remain on screen while the item is presented, and remain on
screen after the item clears for another 2000ms. Does anybody know if
it is possible to do this with 2 events, a fixation event and a target
item event, which overlap? Or will I need to set up 3 events, fixation
for 500ms, followed by item with fixation for 175ms, followed by
fixation for 2000ms, presented serially? Any help is much appreciated!
Thank you.