Help

pure-n-true at hotmail.co.uk pure-n-true at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 18:57:10 UTC 2012

Hi I am new to E-Prime and even though I have done lots of tutorials I
cannot master the experiment I am supposed to design. For some reason It is
not working and if it does work nothing shows up as my initial plan.
My project is fairly simple and will use 2 types of load, question and set
size, that will be done in 8 blocks with 40 trials in each block. This is
easier said than done.
I am using about 20 household items in black and white that I
have transferred to bitmap and will be seen randomly throughout the
experiment. High set size will be 6 and 8 items shown on screen at once and
low set size will be 2-3 items. There will be 2 types of question, a high
question load, where is X? which will require the participants to click the
screen with a mouse to choose their location of the target shown in the
first screen, and a low question load, was X here?, which will require the
participants to select N for No and Y for Yes on the keyboard. The gap
between each screen will be 200ms and the search screen will be presented
for 250ms.

There will be 4 types of blocks which will be presented twice to get
the desired 8 blocks.
Type 1 will be a high set size (6 and 8 items appear on screen at once)
with a low question load (was X here?).
Type 2 will be a low set size with a low question load.
Type 3 will be a low set size with a high question load.
Type 4 will be a high set size with a high question load.

I have read through many questions and answers in this group but have found
that they do not answer my experimental problems. I would like for your
professional help on the design of this experiment and how it can be
implemented as this is for a masters degree and I do not want to fail. Any
help will be appreciated and I would like to thank you n advance for your
time and response.