need help with code, I am trying to have two clickable response buttons on a slide

David Wang jiaxiking at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 03:32:57 UTC 2012

Now I have a new question. The two buttons I used are text boxes (light
gray background, Bold black font).

To make the buttons more realistic, I am trying to have the background
color change when my mouse hovers over them.

No clicking will happen, I simply want the program to monitor the location
of the cursor; and when the cursor is over the buttons, the backcolor of
the buttons can change.

I am sorry to bother you again, but I do need help :(

My thought is to

dim leftbutton as rect
(is this correct? leftbutton is the string name of a button on the slide.)

Dim curPoint As Point    'mouse over
Dim ETTime As Long
ETTime = Clock.Read
Dim ETTimeInterval As Long
ETTimeInterval = 10

'---loop the positioning mechanism before a response is made
Do While Slide5.InputMasks.Responses.Count = 0

    '===  request eye or mouse data every ETTimeInterval ms
If (Clock.Read > ETTime)  Then

        'Set the next log time
        ETTime = Clock.Read + ETTimeInterval

        '---- highlight AOI ( mouse over )
        Mouse.GetCursorPos curPoint.x, curPoint.y

                If PointInRect(curPoint,leftbutton ) Then     'This I don't
understand. Am i in the right path to make a textbox a rect in the inline,
then use it in a pointinrect and color change command?
                    leftbutton.BackColor =  color.silver
                    leftbutton.Draw
                Else
                    leftbutton.BackColor = color.gray