split up list in two sessions

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:19:00 UTC 2012

Tobias,

Put your 960 stimuli in a nested StimList under your TrialList (which
runs your TrialProc using those stimuli).  Set TrialList to exit
after 480 trials.  That generates and runs the first 480 stimuli.

Follow all that with another List that calls the same nested StimList
for the remaining 480 virtual "trials".  The Procedure in this List
does nothing but build a .txt file with the remaining 480 stimuli
(see "Print#" and related topics in the E-Basic Help facility),
formatted so that it can later be loaded into a List using the "File"
Load Method -- you do need to get the format exactly right for this
(check around for documentation on that (e.g.,
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/e-prime/eWplk1ghnjE
), or ask PST Web Support).

Finally, a separate program for your second session will merely load
its StimList from the .txt file generated in the first session, and
Bob's your Uncle!

You could, of course, invert the order of those two blocks in the
fist session -- first write out the 480 trials to use next time, and
*then* run the remaining 480 trial for the first session.  Do as you like.

That's enough from me, I leave you to do your own homework and work
out the details for yourself.  If you still need more help, contact
PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , they should
be happy to help.

-----