Multiple Choice Questions

Anne-Wil liwenna at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:09:11 UTC 2012

Hi Dominic,

The details depend a bit on your exact needs, but the general set-up would
be to have 4 (or whatever amount of options you'd have) textboxes on a
slide that people can click on and then reading out the name of the textbox
that was clicked on with a piece of script known as 'dohittest'. I paste
'dohittest' under this message. The original script (embedded in an estudio
file) can be downloaded at the PST website:
http://support.pstnet.com/support/samples.asp?Mode=View&SampleID=5 .

Good luck,

Anne-Wil

***********
'Designate "theState" as the Default Slide State, which is the
'current, ActiveState on the Slide object "Stimulus"
Dim theState as SlideState
Set theState = ENTERNAMEOFSLIDEHERE.States("
Default")

Dim strHit As String
Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData

'Was there a response?
If  ENTERNAMEOFSLIDEHERE.InputMasks.Responses.Count > 0 Then

'Get the mouse response
Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData( ENTERNAMEOFSLIDEHERE.InputMasks.Responses(1))

'Determine string name of SlideImage or SlideText object at
'mouse click coordinates. Assign that value to strHit
strHit = theState.HitTest(theMouseResponseData.CursorX,
theMouseResponseData.CursorY)

'Compare string name where mouse click occurred to CorrectAnswer
'attribute on each trial, and score response
'NOTE: This comparison is case sensitive

If strHit = c.GetAttrib("Correctresp") Then
ENTERNAMEOFSLIDEHERE.ACC = 1
Else
ENTERNAMEOFSLIDEHERE.ACC = 0
End If