Error 91: object variable or with block response not set

Tabitha K. tabithakirkland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:35:08 UTC 2012

Good evening, lovely folk of the E-Prime group.

I am having some trouble with my experiment. I am programming a combined
eye tracking + fMRI study in which participants do not make key press
the experimenter); otherwise, all screens are timed.

My script seems to compile successfully, but then I get the relatively
useless error message "object variable or with block response not set."
>From my internet searches thus far, I gather that it means that it has
something to do with a conflict in the allowable responses to terminate a
screen. As far as I can tell, though, I have my study set to only allow a
keyboard response or no response. Any other ideas for things to try? I'm
also happy to provide more information if needed - just not sure what would
be useful at this point.

Thanks!
Tabitha