E-Studio file corrupted

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jun 22 17:15:04 UTC 2012

Massimiliano,

If you wrote this in EP1.x, then the .ebs file contains the full
human-readable generated source code, and in principle one could work
back from that to laboriously recreate a corresponding .es file, but
this is only for the adventurous or desperate.  If in EP2.x, then the
.ebs2 file is no longer human-readable, so no hope of recreating an
.es2 file from that.

But before you resort to starting from scratch, open E-Studio, go to
Tools > Options > General tab, click "Copy backup experiments to my
desktop...", and see if you can recover an earlier version of your
E-Studio file (see http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=1355 ).

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training