randomized LED lighting using DAQ Card in eprime

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:32:26 UTC 2012

jp,

This would be easy if the device or driver supports memory mapped IO, just
like legacy parallel printer ports. Memory mapped IO can be programmed by
using the WritePort function or Onset/OffsetSignal* properties. The E-Basic
help documentation contains some printer-port based examples, which can be
used as a starting point if you know which address maps to the digital
output registers.

However, many modern (USB) based devices use other mechanisms to
communicate with applications, so it depends on the available drivers which
options you have. Unfortunately memory mapped IO is often not supported
anymore. Most manufacturers provide visual basic or C-code examples that
can be used as as starting point. In most cases you will have to use
external function calls (typically DLL functions) using inline E-Basic
script. This is less trivial than the memory mapped IO method.

best
Paul