Traveling with the serial response button box

Dan Brenner wobaidan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:18:10 UTC 2012

I'm leaving for New Zealand in a week for data collection, and wondering
about the power supply for the serial button box. The model we have (200A,
an older model) specifies 120V/60Hz AC power in, while New Zealand's power
grid is 240V/50Hz, so different voltage, different alternating frequency.
If I get a step-down transformer in NZ, will the main frequency still fry
the button box? The current model button box features 100 - 240VAC in, but
says nothing about the main frequency. Is the new model likely to have any
better time with the different main frequency than the model we have?
Should I invest in the new model, or use a transformer with the model we
have?

Much obliged for prompt responses. Sorry about the rush. I realized far too
late that this was an issue.

Dan