List counterbalancing by sujbect

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 10:12:39 UTC 2012

Hi Rachel,

I approached this problem a different way, not using nested lists.

The MasterList contains 8 lines, each running a different procedure (one
for each of the 8 subject groups), e.g.
RunProc1
RunProc2
RunProc3

(and in its simplest form no other information is specified in the
MasterList)

Each of these RunProc* procedures just contains a single List (akin to
your Group1List, Group2List, Group3List...) all of which contain the
full list of items for that Group, and call the same experimental trial
procedure.  These are set to exit after all samples in the list (the
number of items).

The master list is set to Exit after 1 sample, and Offset - because only
one entry per subject is selected, there's no need to worry about what
order the master list is sampled in (you control this by your assignment
of subject number).

this way each subjects sees only one entry in the Master list, and all
items in their respective Group list.

hope this helps!
-david

--