Trial number from randomseed

Tiffanie tiffanieong at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:36:53 UTC 2012

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Yes - the program failed to log any data at all!

The first time I tried to run the program, to make sure everything was
working, I pressed spacebar to move on to the next trial, and when I
checked the data, I saw all the attributes listed. And I took it for
granted, and didn't run the whole programme again by itself (without
any response). It is really weird (and upsetting!) - I wouldn't know
how to turn off the Procedure logging with any inline code. On the
list with all the attributes, under property name -  when I said I
checked them, I guess I meant I made sure they were checked (and they
definitely were). Also, I sent my previous message out in a state of
panic so I probably wasn't very clear, but I tested the program on my
own, and I responded to each trial when I tested it. However, when the
students did the experiment, they did not respond at all - and for
those, no data was collected.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure I understood the part about the
RandomSeed - do you mean it's possible for me to retrieve the
presentation order from the RandomSeed? I really hope so - because in
principle, if the user can enter a randomseed number that fixes the
presentation order, it should work the other way too?

I will look around the knowledge base and pst website. I really hope I
find something! Thanks!