Trigger (stimulus) codes sent on response to EEG recording

JDB j.dainerbest at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:52:36 UTC 2012

I'm working on a project that involves interfacing an E-Prime
experiment with the ActiView/Biosemi interface for EEG recording.

I have this in the UserScript:
Const Sport as Integer = &H378

Every time an image appears, this code is sent immediately before:

InLine:
Intermediary.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
Intermediary.OnsetSignalPort = Sport
Intermediary.OnsetSignalData = c.GetAttrib("IntermediaryCode")

Intermediary.OffsetSignalData = 0
Intermediary.OffsetSignalPort = Sport
Intermediary.OffsetSignalEnabled = True

This works fine. The task then presents the participant with images,
to one of which they respond; the image is on-screen for 500ms,
followed by a fixation cross for another 500ms. They can respond at
any point, but the image & cross are on-screen for a set amount of
time. What I'd like is for the stimcode to be sent as soon as possible
after the response. I've been successful in sending a response code
after fixation cross goes away, using the following code:

InLine:
If TaskImage.RESP = "l" Then
        resp = 55
    ElseIf TaskImage.RESP = "s" Then
        resp = 56
    ElseIf TaskImage.RESP = "o" Then
        resp = 57
    ElseIf TaskImage.RESP = "w" Then
        resp = 58
    ElseIf TaskImage.RESP = "" Then
        resp = 59
    Else resp = 60
End If

FixationCross2.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
FixationCross2.OnsetSignalPort = Sport
FixationCross2.OnsetSignalData = resp

FixationCross2.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
FixationCross2.OffsetSignalPort = Sport
FixationCross2.OffsetSignalData = 0

However, this only works by sending itself at the beginning of a new
fixation cross. Ideally, subject responses would be sent WHEN they
respond. But I can't figure out how to do that. Is there some function
equivalent to "OnResponse"? It seems like it should be possible, but
I'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks for your help!