Trigger event markers from Eprime to BIOPAC

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:43:24 UTC 2012

Hi Catarina,

The SendPulse inline script of your es-file already contains a few
lines to send a pulse using WritePort. You could replace them with
something like this:

DutWords.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
DutWords.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
DutWords.OnsetSignalData = c.GetAttrib("marker")

DutWords.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
DutWords.OffsetSignalPort = &H378
DutWords.OffsetSignalData = 0  ' reset all digital lines to zero

Since BioPac will acquire the 8 digital TTL lines as separate signals,
you would probably want to use powers of two for the markers:
1,2,4,8,16,32,64 and128. If you don't use powers of two, you will get
a mixture of simultaneous pulses. (You could use a calculation channel
to convert the 8 digital channels back to a numerical one, but I would
suggest you should only do this when you need more than 8 unique
marker codes.)

Also make sure that the marker attribute is defined in all relevant
lists, because I  noticed that the second part of your exp. is missing
the marker attribute.

I also have the feeling that part of your script contains duplicate
(identical) objects. Perhaps you need duplicates in some places to be
able to implement English/Dutch specific elements, but I'm sure that
in some places you could (re)use the same E-Object. (For example
Blank1 and Blank2 are probably identical). Although this is not a big
deal in your script, I often see scripts having large amounts of
copied objects. One of the side-effects of having duplicates is that
the log-file will become unnecessary complex.

Best,
Paul