sending trigger to other devices locked on to the time of response

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:07:55 UTC 2012

David,

I had the following idea to resolve the problem: I will set duration of the
slide called "search" to 200 ms with "terminate" as end action. I will then
present the same slide for the residual time (i.e. 200 ms - RT).

I used the following inline script:

WritePort &HD030, 0
search.OnsetSignalData = "100"    'Sends marker for search display
search.OffsetSignalData = 0
Search.Run

if Search.OffsetTime - Search.OnsetTime < 1998 then  'I usually set the
last digit to an 8 since that rounds up to 10 which is the shortest refresh
cycle we can do here
    Search.Duration = 1998 - (Int((Search.OffsetTime -
Search.OnsetTime)/10+0.8)*10)  ' this rounds up for all digits except 0 or 1
    search.OnsetSignalData = 0
    search.run   'this runs search again, but with reduced duration this
time
end if

WritePort &HD030, 0
Response.OnsetSignalData = "200"    'Sends marker for response
Response.OffsetSignalData = 0

if search.RESP <> "" then goto Label1

Response.run

There are several problems with this approach that I don't fully understand:

- Search.OffsetTime - Search.OnsetTime turns out to be not the actual
duration but the duration minus the pre-release time
- When resetting the duration time, I found out (trial and error) that I
should have 1948 - .... instead of 1998 - ...
- in 80% of the cases, the interval between the triggers is exactly 2000 ms
(according to the eeg file that is). In 20% of the cases it is 10 ms too
short.

What do you think of this approach and do you know why the mentioned
problems occur?

Best,
Tobias