modifying a single level of an attribute using .txt file

Anne-Wil liwenna at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:34:04 UTC 2012

Hi there,

HTML tags ( <fontcolour etc) don't work in e-prime (as you discovered),
eprime works with a language called e-basic. However, most of the time it
won't be needed to directly use any e-basic code when building your
experiment, loads of basic functions are available through the menus of the
different objects.

How to best proceed kinda depends on what defines which stimulus should be
in a different colour.

a) if one stimulus always has the different colour, than you could add an
attribute 'fontcolour' to your list and enter the desired colour for each
level in the cells, i.e. blue and purple. In the properties of the text
object set the foreground colour to refer to the attribute fontcolour by
entering [fontcolour]

b) if a random stimulus should be given the different colour do the same as
above but create the attribute fontcolour in a seperate list that you set
to random and nest it into the list with the stimuluswords

most likely you need

c) the stimulus word that needs to have a different colour is defined by
'something else' (i.e. it is the targetword). Then you can either use an
attribute fontcolour as described above and "lock" it into the same list
that contains the attribute wich determines which word is to be the target
word. Or, lastly, most similar to what you ask for (some command) you could
adjust and add the following code in an inline preceding your slide or
textobject:

for a textobject within a slide:

IF c.getattrib ("attributenamethatdefinesthatawordisdifferent") =  "1" THEN

CSlideText(Slide1.States(Slide1.ActiveState).Objects("Text1")).forecolor=
CColor ("red")

IF c.getattrib ("attributenamethatdefinesthatawordisdifferent") = "0" THEN

CSlideText(Slide1.States(Slide1.ActiveState).Objects("Text1")).forecolor=
CColor ("blue")

End If

=> in the code you should replace the attribute name, the slidename
(slide1) and the textobjectname (text1) with the actual names that you use.

for a 'standalone' textdisplay (not on a slide) I don't know the exact code
but it's probably something like: textdisplay.forecolor = CColor ("blue")
and you can likely find it in the e-basic help within the program.

Hope this helps,

best,

AW