Negative RT Data in E-Prime 1.2

KC dwivedilab at gmail.com
Wed May 30 13:43:22 UTC 2012

I feel I should preface this message by saying that I am not an E-
Prime expert. I've recently begun working on some data generated in an
experiment run using E-Prime 1.2. The data was part of an experiment
run by another student who has since left our lab. I'm cleaning
(filtering outliers) the raw Reading Time data right now and I'm
seeing a lot of negative values. Why is this? Some forums have
suggested that it is an internal error of the program and that the
solution is to update to a more recent version of E-Prime, however, I
cannot re-run the experiment. In terms of analysis, how are these
values normally dealt with? Any ideas?