Simple cumulative timing question

FrankBank grasszilla at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 01:56:43 UTC 2012

I just want to make sure that I understand how the cumulative timing works.
For example, say you had a trial procedure with several slides but that
began with an inline that was causing onset delays (for the first slide).
Then you could set the timing of that first slide to cumulative and the
delay will be  absorbed by that slides total duration time setting.
Meanwhile, the rest of the slides in the procedure can be left on the event
timing setting, since they have no onset delays.  So, as long as the first
slide is, for example, just a blank pause or something, then cumulative
timing would work well because the total blank screen time would remain the
same at the beginning of the procedure.  Do I have this right?

thank you for any assistance/reassurance!