Simple cumulative timing question

FrankBank grasszilla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:03:17 UTC 2012

Hi David,
Thanks for your response.  I looked over the help file
(GetNextTargetOnsetTime, etc) and had a hard time understanding how it
all works.  I'll try again though and see if I can make sense of it.

In the meantime, I am looking at figure 9 in Chapter 3 of the user's
guide (page 90) that compares event mode and cumulative mode.  The
reason I thought cumulative would be good for the first slide -only-
was because that slide is the only slide in the procedure that is
blank (a white screen).  Looking at the user's guide it isn't clear to
me what is shown on the screen during delays.  Is it the previous
slide? A blank white screen?  It doesn't seem to say so I thought it
was a blank white screen.  Therefore I thought using cumulative mode
during my blank slide would seem the best choice, since the delay +
slide time would give me a consistent blank white screen duration
(delay+ shortened slide 1 duration) across all trials.

The rest of my slides in the procedure have stimulus presentations and
I would like to keep their durations fixed, so event timing for these
seemed the best idea.  I only seem to be getting consistent onset
delays with the first slide after the inline, so if their was some
anomalous delay for the later slides event timing would keep their
durations equivalent.

I feel like maybe I'm missing something here, so please let me know if
that's the case.
thanks again,
Frank