clock and echo problem

jotapan jotapan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:53:28 UTC 2012

Hi to all,

I have been trying for some time to add a countdown clock display in my
programs that informs the participant on how long he(she) still has to
respond in a given task (e.g., during a slide presentation). I have
extensivelly looked in the forums for this information. I found a specific
post where 2 suggestions are presented (Displaying a countdown timer for
participants, originally posted on/ I was able to work around the script
/). I could not get the first suggestion to work... I was able to  work
around the script provided in the e-prime countdown sample, although it is
not perfect; the countdown example deals with seconds and I need minutes.
So instead of having "lnCountTime = (lnEndTime - Clock.Read) / 1000", I
have lnCountTime = (lnEndTime - Clock.Read) / 60000. Not perfect but ok.

However, I get an echo problem with this. I want the participant to be able
to see all the responses he(she) is providing throught the task and them
have them disappear when the program moves to the next slide. To get the
countdown clock to work I have to set the duration of the slide to 0. If I
set the "time limit" to "same as duration" it assumes the 0 duration and so
the echo is not displayed anymore... is there a way to add in the inline a
command to finish the echo when the time is up?

Simply displaying a clock on the slide for the entire slide presentation
would work for me as well (instead of the countdown clock) and could help
solve the echo problem. Is there a simple way to get a clock being
displayed on a slide?

I really appreciate all the help I can get on this.

Jotapan