Randomizing word lists

ElliottLabLSU elliottlablsu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:13:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

Does anyone know of an easy way to randomize word lists? For example, I am
trying to program an experiment in which there are 3 conditions: a RT task,
a memory task, and a dual task that consists of both the RT and memory
tasks together. For the tasks with the memory component, I have 8 lists of
word, and I want one to be selected randomly for each of the memory trials
(4 trials of the memory only task and 4 trials of the dual task). How can I
set up my program so that this occurs, and can I do this without having to
write inline?

Thanks!
Alicia