problem with update value

Ana Paula Donate pauladonate at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:04:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I’m doing a task in the E-prime that simulate a virtual social interaction
as chat and I have three different conditions that need three different of
image sequence. Because this I created 3 different *Procedures* that are
pseudo randomize. Because this I need to change the way I was creating the
task: each list have a pseudo random sequence with a interaction between
three person (one is the subject that will answer) and each line in the
list go for one different Procedure between the three Procedures that I
need (each procedure have a different sequence of screen that the subject
will see).

My problem is in the first screen that will appear in all the Procedures:
the first screen will appear the players pictures (also the subject
picture) and below each picture will appear the number of times that each
player was calling to talk in a kind of chat and sometimes the subject will
chose between the two players to talk and sometimes will what the others
two players talk with each other. So, for each procedure I need that the
first screen update this values (the number of time that each was called)
using the subject answer (will press button 1 or 2 for chose) and the
values in the List do updated the preprogrammed values for the subjects and
(sometimes) for the others two players. I did a inline that was working
very well when each list had one unique Procedure. Now that one list has
the three different Procedures the summation is not working appropriated
and I don’t know why! The program is doing a summation using the subject
answer in different screens being that in the inline is very clear that
only in the Slide8.Resp that will sum.

Could you help me please? I need to finish it in a short time and I’m
trying to fix more than 2 months!

Thank you very much for the help!

Best regards,

Ana Paula.