"Type Mismatch" error upon slide timeout

Erin erin.siebert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:17:05 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,
I have an experiment where the subject has 3 seconds to make a response
each trial, after which the trial times out.  On the Feedback slide, I want
to display the number of trials completed, not counting trials that timed
out.

To do this, I added an inline to my experiemnt. I noticed in my data output
that when Stimulus.RESP = 1, the trial has been completed. So, this is the
inline text I used:

If Stimulus.RESP = 1 Then
nPoints = nPoints + 1
Else
nPoints = nPoints + 0
End If
c.SetAttrib "CurrentPoints", nPoints

I also went to view -> script, and added "Dim nPoints as integer" in the
user script.

When I run my experiment, it successfully displays a trial count on the
feedback slide as long as I make either correct or incorrect responses.
However, as soon as I let a trial time out, I get the following error, and
the program terminates:

The following Runtime error occurred:
Type Mismatch
line: 640
error number: 13

I have tried adjusting a few things, but with no success.  Does anyone have
experience getting around this error? thanks so much

Erin